The SEQ Water Grid: Ashgrove to Enoggera Pipeline Upgrade involves building two new sections of underground pipeline and decommissioning our existing water pipeline along Wardell Street.
The $4.2M upgrade will be conducted in three stages:
- install a new water pipeline link between Bridge Street and Victoria Street, Ashgrove
- install a new water pipeline between Lloyd Street, Alderley and Pickering Street, Enoggera
- decommission our existing water pipeline along Wardell Street.
The upgrade will take about nine months and once complete, the new pipeline will play a key role in supplying a reliable drinking water supply to more than 50,000 local consumers.
For information about upcoming work in your area, click here or get in contact with us.
Did you know?
- The water pipeline under Wardell Street was installed in 1940 and is nearing the end of its life.
- Steel pipes generally last for about 80 years.
- This pipeline directly supplies residents and businesses in Ashgrove and Mitchelton and supports the reliability of supply to the northern suburbs of Brisbane.
- It is two kilometres long and supplies more than 50,000 local consumers.
- The SEQ Water Grid is made up of an extensive network of bulk water infrastructure including more than 600 kilometres of pipeline.
- Most South East Queenslanders are supplied by the water grid.
- About 53,000 people live in ‘off-grid’ communities, with water supplied from a local source and treatment plant.
Get in contact
p 1800 427 799